JoCART volunteers must meet some minimum requirements in order to be ready to respond at a time of disaster. Several of these requirements can be fulfilled by completing the free, online courses listed below. Once you have completed these courses, please print a copy for yourself and email an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Online Courses
- IS-100 Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS-200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- New York Consortium for Emergency Preparedness Continuing Education – County Animal Response Team
- Psychological First Aid Online (or American Red Cross equivalent course)
Additional training requirements include completion of the following courses: